Friday, July 26, 2013

We Have come Full Circle

We Have Come Full Circle

I have enjoyed my week learning from so many wonderful educators.  There insight was inspirational.  I am amazed at the tasks that are ahead of them.  With our new knowledge, we can transform the world.

I enjoyed putting my thoughts together for the final presentations. In itself it was a transformational experience that I even had with my husband.  My learning and "story" have evolved and I feel better about my path in education.  I have a lot of opportunities that await me and I look forward to the journey.

I believe in the POWER of a story.  We all have stories that have shaped us.  We don't spend time sharing our stories.  I truly believe that we can shape and change our world and community by understanding each of other's stories.



Final Presentation Thoughts and Inspiration:

1.
Right-Brainers will RULE the world---

  • they are creators
  • they are empathizers
  • pattern recognizers
  • meaning makers  YES!
6 Essential Abilities
  • Design
  • story
  • play
  • empathy
  • Symphony
  • Meaning

The Road to Motivation---
taken from Drive by Daniel Pink

Students need:
  • Self Direction
  • Mastery---students want to feel like they have mastered something (video game, art, dance, baseball, etc)
  • Purpose
Ask yourself when preparing a lesson
Am I offering students any autonomy?
Does this assignment promote mastery in an engaging way?
Do my students understand the purpose of the assignment?

3.
On the Road to a Personal Device Plan-Rob

The issue-Cell phones in the classroom


4.
 Using Notability-Cherie Anne

5.
Becky Armistead's Adventure into the World of Technology
Goals:
  • SMART Notebook
  • Google Docs
  • Classroom Blog
***All of these will make teaching and LIFE more efficient  Lofty goals but doable!

6.
































No comments:

Post a Comment