Wednesday, July 24, 2013


A DAY OF DISCOVERY

Today's class was started off right.  It was a day of discoveries on many levels.  My brain is in overload.  I am loving it!  I feel very comfortable with technology and somewhere in the bak of my mind I try to tell myself that I don't care about it but having conversations about poor practices integrating technology and hearing the same old stories makes me come alive about my vision. 

I am inspired by the idea of "Flipped" Professional Development.  It is a concept that needs to happen.  Teachers need to feel success and value with their time and the model allows for success.  We actually did this model in a small way last year by piloting Teachscape, a teacher evaluation system of videos and classroom scenarios that teachers could access on their own time.  It was a huge success!  I sat at Starbucks and watched my videos and felt relaxed and inspired to be a better teacher after being involved with this new PD.

GOOGLE ROCKS!!!  Do I need to say more?

G Doug Bundy Google Certified Teacher

Google Drive has so many possibilities.  Who needs to go to the internet?  It's all accessible in Google Drive.

My new favorite saying, "I'M ON GOOGLE TIME!"

A site for students BY students.
What a great repository of common core connections with modules made by students in Beaverton.  It's a place for kids to go where self learning is encouraged. Talk about Flipping the classroom!


TED Talks
Jane McGonigal
Gaming Can Make a Better World


Sugata Mitra
Build a School in the Cloud

3 comments:

  1. I have liked google BUT today I discovered that I LOVE google! Being down in the weeds was a mind blowing experience today!!

    Flipped professional development would be great to see but what are the obstacles and does the budget cover what is needed to implement? I love the idea and would support the effort just concerned what could hold up such a great way to motivate and support staff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to learn more about Teachscapes...glad you enjoyed today. You're in a unique position to influence some change in OC. What are you thinking? We'll be addressing the "local vision" tomorrow. I'll be interested in what you do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I think the idea of Flipped PD is a great idea. I think with our new evaluation system where teachers must show professional growth, this is a great opportunity to introduce Flipped PD and give teachers the opportunity to research and share their knowledge of an area of interest! I also think sharing Diigo will be a useful tool in giving staff a place to store professional readings based on their PD of choice.

    ReplyDelete